The ORCA project hereby announces its second Open Call for Experiments.
This call solicits for Experiments for rapid validation of innovative software defined radio (SDR) solutions using the facilities, SDR hardware platforms and software toolsets supported by the ORCA Consortium.
|Project full name||ORCA – Orchestration and Reconfiguration Control Architecture|
|Project grant agreement number||732174|
|Call title||Second ORCA Open Call for Experiments|
|Submission deadline (extended!)||Sunday the 9th December 2018, at 17:00 CET|
|Feasibility and Relevance check deadline (extended!)||Sunday the 2nd December 2018, at 17:00 CET|
|Webinar for explaining Open Call details and providing guidelines for proposers|
A technical feasibility and relevance check is required before submission. This feasibility and relevance check will be carried out by the ORCA members responsible for the facilities, radio hardware platforms, and software platforms involved.
It is essential that the proposing party gets in contact with the ORCA partner in charge of the testbed or software which is intended to be used for the proposed Experiments, to discuss its feasibility and relevance within the ORCA federation and the related specific requirements. Each proposing party must therefore identify a possible Patron either by contacting an appropriate ORCA partner (see section 6 of the Open Call document) or through , in case support is required for selecting an appropriate partner.
The proposing party must submit its draft proposal to the Patron by Sunday the 25th of November 2018, at 17:00 Brussels local time using the submission portal. In this draft proposal at least sections A, B and C needs to be fully completed. The feedback will be provided by the Patron at the latest by Wednesday the 28th of November 2018 at 17:00, and must be copied into section D of the proposal template.
- Total budget for Open Call 2 for Experiments: 350 000 €
- Maximum budget per Experiment: 50 000 €
- Expected number of Experiments to be funded: 7 (3 for the category Scientific Excellence and 4 for the category Industry)
- Guaranteed support: 28 000 € (An extra budget of typically € 4000 per Experiment will be allocated to the ORCA consortium partner acting as Patron for guaranteed support)
Requirements related to the proposer
- Proposers must be eligible for funding in H2020 projects.
- Proposals will only be accepted from a single party.
- Parties that having been selected in previous ORCA Open Calls are not eligible to participate again.
A proposer can only be selected for funding for one proposal, even if the proposer submitted multiple proposals that are ranked high enough to be selected for funding. In the latter case, the proposer may be given the opportunity to choose the one to be retained for funding.
- Language in which the proposal must be submitted: English
- Proposals must follow the provided template (see Section 5.1 Open Call info document and Appendix A to the same document)
- Going beyond 6 page limit is strongly not encouraged, the external evaluator is not obligated to read the extra pages. However the ORCA consortium will not disqualify the proposal if this rule is violated.
- Proposals (draft as well as final proposals) must be submitted through the online submission form at the bottom of this page.